Historical milestones of the institute
The state economic organization named Research Institute for Textile Chemistry with the seat in Žilina was established on the base of decision of the Ministry of Industry of the Slovak Socialist Republic No. 10 / 1970 from 25.2.1970 on March 1st, 1970.
VÚTCH Žilina was entrusted with a function: Leading workplace of scientific-technical development with inter-branch operation for the field of research and development of textile auxiliaries, textile finishing technologies (mainly home textiles), development of test methods, standards and testing instruments by the decision of the Ministry of Industry of the Slovak Socialist Republic No. 5/1976 from 16.5.1976 with effect from 1.6.1976.
VÚTCH Žilina was appointed for a function of Branch information centre of scientific, technical and economic information (OBIS VTEI) by the assignment letter of the Ministry of Industry of the Slovak Socialist Republic No. 588/76 from 23.4.1976.
Substantial part of the institute moved to reconstructed premises in the objects on Rauchova (now Milcova) street in the centre of Žilina. Total useful floor space of own premises of the institute increased to more than 3000 m2.
Construction of a new building of the institute on Rybníky street was completed. All chemical laboratories moved to these premises. Total useful floor space of own premises of the institute increased to more than 4380 m2.
Research Institute for Textile Chemistry, state enterprise, Žilina was established by the decision of the Ministry of Industry of the Slovak Socialist Republic No. 31/1989 from 26.2.1989 on 1.7.1989..
The state testing laboratory SKTC – 119 for the field of textiles and consumer chemistry was established in VÚTCH, state enterprise by the authorisation notice No. 36/1993 from 29.11.1993 issued by the Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing of the Slovak Republic.
The said company became a successional subject and succeded to the rights and obligations in the whole extent as well as business activities over the former state enterprise VÚTCH by the sale contract No. 393/1994 concluded between the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic and VÚTCH-CHEMITEX, spol. s r.o. with effect from 1.9.1994.
In 1999 VÚTCH-CHEMITEX, spol. s r.o. became a co-opted member of the International Association for Testing of Textile and Clothing Products according to the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 on the base of decision of the General Assembly of the OEKO-TEX® Association
The Quality Management System in the company was certified by certificate issued according to STN EN ISO 9001: 1998 by the certification body of VÚSAPL a.s. Nitra on 4.2.2000.
Notification No. 1296 according to the Council Directive 88/378/EEC concerning safety of toys and Personal Equipment Directive 89/686/EEC for testing and certification of textile personal protective equipment was awarded by the decision of the Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing of the Slovak Republic issued on 21.1.2005.
In November 2007 a decision to concentrate the remaining activities and employees in the object on Rybníky street was accepted on the base of reduction of number of employees in the period of 2000 – 2007 as well as cessation of activities in the field of semi-industrial production (textile and machinery division). Total useful floor space of premises of the institute was reduced to 1100 m2.
VÚTCH-CHEMITEX, spol. s r.o. became a full member of the association authorized to perform tests and issue certificates for textile and clothing products according to the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 on the base of decision of the General Assembly of the OEKO-TEX® Association on 13.7.2013.
Re-accreditation of the Quality Management System according to STN EN ISO 9001: 2016
1. 3. 2020
The 50th anniversary of establishment of the Research Institute for Textile Chemistry.