Technical textiles research
We develop technical textiles finding a range of practical applications; the research focuses on application of new progressive finishing technologies including those for properties modification of textile materials. We use knowledge from the field of textile chemistry and progressive nanotechnologies to develop an innovative assortment of technical textiles.
Textile materials and technologies
- research and development of new special fibres and fibre composites for innovative textile products
- research and development in the field of new textile materials for innovative clothing and technical applications (personal protective clothing, textiles for automotive industry etc.)
- research, development and application of new textile technologies.
- research and development in the field of process innovation of textile pretreatment, dyeing, printing and/or finishing aimed at improving performance characteristics of the textile materials,
- research, development and application of special finishes on textile materials: antimicrobial, electroconductive, hydrophobic, hydrophillic, non-flammable, antistatic finish etc.
- modelling of technological finishing conditions, optimization of finishing parameters.
Low-temperature atmospheric pressure plasma
Progressive technology of low-temperature atmospheric pressure plasma belongs among environmentally efficient technological finishing processes of textile surfaces as a suitable alternative of wet chemical processes used to modify textile surfaces. It is characterized by low raw material and energy consumption and the technology meets the principles of environmental acceptability and sustainability.
It allows connection of physical activation of textile materials by creation of free radicals on their surface and subsequent chemical application of nanocoating with special performance characteristics to form a nanocomposite, and/or nanostructured material through thin functional nanoparticle layers. Enhanced adhesion of the nanocoating to the plasma-activated surface will thus ensure permanent performance characteristics of the innovated textile materials.
No articles were found.